Receipt Inspection Management System (RIMS)
The Product Data Reporting and Evaluation Program's (PDREP) Receipt Inspection Management System (RIMS) application is designed to work in concert with existing DoD and Navy policies and processes. The RIMS application is used to facilitate, document, and analyze the technical receipt inspection of material.
The Receipt Inspection Management System application can be used to:
- Record, certify and report Receipt Inspection results on a Material Inspection Record (MIR)
- Facilitate communication between inspection and quality assurance groups via a Receipt Inspection Deficiency Log (RIDL)
- Track material status
- Prioritize material inspections
- Query and search an activity’s material inspections data
- Write Product Quality Deficiency Reports (PQDRs) directly from an inspection record
- Write Engineering Referrals (ERs) directly from an inspection record certify and report Receipt Inspection results on a Material Inspection Record (MIR)
Report and Data Retrieval
To retrieve RIMS data, the user can use either the RIMS Search or Ad Hoc functionality within the RIMS module. RIMS Search queries can be downloaded to a Microsoft Excel file format for further data analysis. Ad Hoc search parameters can be saved to the users profile for ease of future searching.
- RIMS Search - Select the RIMS Search tab at the top of the RIMS main page. The following sub-tabs can then be selected: NIIN Contract Search, Document/Project Search, or Heat/Lot Search. A wide range of search fields can be populated to produce a search specific to the users' needs. Additional parameters can be entered into the fields to further restrict the search results and increase the speed with which the data is retrieved.
- Ad Hoc - Select the Ad Hoc Search tab at the top of the RIMS main page. The Ad Hoc tab was developed as a tool to allow a query of any record type in the PDREP Automated Information System (AIS) using abstracted structured query language (SQL) routines. The primary purpose of the RIMS Ad Hoc application is to permit users to create their own user defined metrics and reports. Proper use of the RIMS Ad Hoc report and search tools should facilitate the user's ability to find and format data into their own unique formats for the generation of local reports and metrics.